Second round of winners announced for the HMA Awards Best Restaurant & Bar and Best Leisure Marketing
The Hotel Marketing Association (HMA) has announced the winners for the Best Restaurant & Bar Marketing and Best Leisure Marketing.
The HMA has been announcing the winners of its 25th annual HMA Awards each week since 15 June to showcase and recognise the incredible talent within the hotel marketing industry. Despite the ceremony being cancelled earlier this year, the HMA wanted to bring some positive news to the winners rather than delay the announcement any further.
The winner of Best Restaurant & Bar Marketing: Le Meridien Piccadilly for its Peter Rabbit afternoon tea.
The winning entry was described as fun competitively-priced and produced a level of revenue that can only be described as outstanding. There were great partnerships incorporated and excellent PR coverage was generated.
The winner of Best Leisure Marketing, sponsored by Noetic, is the Cottage in the Wood in Malvern for its 100 Club.
The winning campaign was well executed, incorporating all channels with pre and post-stay communications, with a well-conceived message for their target audience and giving them secret areas to unlock deals and build guest loyalty for the long-term. The hotel had the foresight to turn its email and guest database into a club, which they launched in celebration of the hotel’s centenary. This has not only produced substantial revenue growth for the hotel but has also promoted local attractions and charities.
The remaining categories will be announced over the next two weeks:
- Best Partnership Marketing Campaign
- Young Agency Marketer of the Year
- Agency Young Marketer of the Year
HMA Chair, Petra Clayton said: “The HMA Awards really help to raise the profile of marketers across the UK doing amazing work. Celebrating the success of marketing professionals in the hotel industry is such an important message to send right now. We are delighted to be able to highlight the talents, innovation and conviction all our winning entries have shown in producing great results for hotels.”
The winner for Best Wedding Marketing – Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel and their agency DHM and the winner of Best Meetings and Events Marketing – London Heathrow Marriott Hotel for its campaign, Leading the Way to Inspirational Meetings were both announced last week.
All winners will be invited to the 2021 ceremony in London to further celebrate their success.
For more information visit: https://hotelmarketingassociation.com/
Notes to Editors:
The Hotel Marketing Association (HMA) is the leading professional body for hotel marketers and advocates for best marketing practice within the hospitality sector. The key focus includes delivering an annual schedule of engaging events and networking with inspiring experts and speakers, as well as helping members access the best programmes for learning, career development and professional qualifications.
- President: Pamela Carvell, Lifestyle Consultant, Pampas.
- Chair: Petra Clayton, Founder & CEO, Custard Communications
- Vice chair: Stephen Moran, Director of Marketing, InterContinental London Park Lane
- Past chair: Julian Ebbutt, Former MD, Best Loved Hotels
- Past chair: Ed Purnell, Director Client Services, Marriott Digital Services Europe
- Claire Bell, Global Digital Manager, Dorchester Collection
- Cassie Delaney-Brown, Marketing Director for the Stafford Collection
- Martin Evans, Managing Director, The Tourism Business
- SunitaLamba, Group PR and media manager, Edwardian Hotels
- Steve Lowy, CEO, Anglo Educational and The Residence Apartments
- Andrea McKay, Founder Amano Marketing and Coaching Confidential
- Kasia Rudnik, CHDM Director of eCommerce, The Langham London
For media enquiries, contact Georgia Ward at Custard Communications – [email protected]