First two winners announced for the HMA Awards
The Hotel Marketing Association (HMA) has announced the winners for the Best Wedding Marketing and Best Meetings and Events Marketing categories of its 25th annual HMA Awards.
Despite the awards ceremony originally due to take place in March, the HMA wanted to recognise the incredible talent and high achievements of the winners rather than postpone the announcement any longer in the hope of being able to host a ceremony in the coming months. The first two categories were announced today at 1pm through social media and the remainder will be announced over the coming weeks.
The winner of Best Wedding Marketing – Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel and their agency DHM.
The winning entry was described by the judges who agreed on the winners prior to lockdown, as exceptional. They liked its focus on the emotional purchase and building trust with the customer, as well as the excellent way in which creativity, a professional sales approach, CRM and technology were married together to produce fantastic results.
The winner of Best Meetings and Events Marketing – London Heathrow Marriott Hotel for its campaign, Leading the Way to Inspirational Meetings.
The winning entry adopted a fully integrated marketing approach and produced amazing results. It demonstrated creativity and a stylish execution in both operations and marketing. It was tailor-made, personalised and in some cases fun. Results weren’t just measured in terms of revenue, but also event satisfaction.
The remaining categories will be announced over the next three weeks:
- Best Restaurant &/or Bar Marketing
- Best Leisure Marketing (including Spa & Golf Marketing)
- Best Partnership Marketing Campaign
- Young Agency Marketer of the Year
- Agency Young Marketer of the Year
HMA Chair, Petra Clayton said: “We appreciate this is a challenging time for everyone in the hotel industry right now and marketing has been heavily impacted. We feel it’s important for the HMA to continue to champion excellence in marketing, so we will be building a programme of content to support the announcements of the winners throughout June and July. This week we will be dedicating our social media content and website to the two award winners.”
All winners will be invited to the 2021 ceremony in London to further celebrate their success.
For more information visit: https://hotelmarketingassociation.com/
Notes to Editors:
The Hotel Marketing Association (HMA) is the leading professional body for hotel marketers and advocates for best marketing practice within the hospitality sector. The key focus includes delivering an annual schedule of engaging events and networking with inspiring experts and speakers, as well as helping members access the best programmes for learning, career development and professional qualifications.
- President: Pamela Carvell, Lifestyle Consultant, Pampas.
- Chairman: Petra Clayton, Founder & CEO, Custard Communications
- Vice chairman: Stephen Moran, Director of Marketing, InterContinental London Park Lane
- Past chairman: JulianEbbutt, Former MD, Best Loved Hotels
- Past chairman: Ed Purnell, Director Client Services, Marriott Digital Services Europe
- Claire Bell, Global Digital Manager, Dorchester Collection
- Cassie Delaney-Brown, Marketing Director for the Stafford Collection
- Martin Evans, Managing Director, The Tourism Business
- SunitaLamba, Group PR and media manager, Edwardian Hotels
- Steve Lowy, CEO, Anglo Educational and The Residence Apartments
- Andrea McKay, Founder Amano Marketing and Coaching Confidential
- Kasia Rudnik, CHDM Director of eCommerce, The Langham London
For media enquiries, contact Georgia Ward – email@example.com