The Hotel Marketing Association (HMA) has announced the winners of the HMA Awards Agency Young Marketer and Young Marketer of the Year categories.
The final announcement in the series, the HMA has been announcing the winners of its 25th annual HMA Awards each week since 15 June to showcase and recognise the incredible talent within the hotel marketing industry. Despite the ceremony being cancelled earlier this year, the HMA wanted to bring some positive news to the winners rather than delay the announcement any further.
Agency Young Marketer of the Year – Amy Brown of DHM
Amy Brown of DHM and Tom Morgan-Grenville of Umi Digital were shortlisted in the Agency Young Marketer of the Year category. The judges said that both shortlisted entries were incredibly strong and the panel found it hard to choose a final winner, both showing clear use of strategy and strong results. Recommendations provided show they are well respected by their colleagues and clients alike.
Amy Brown’s winning entry demonstrated a proactive approach, good understanding of client’s business and a broad use of the marketing mix.
Young Marketer of the Year, sponsored by Revinate – Leslie Sarfati of Marriott International.
The shortlist for Young Marketer of the Year, sponsored by Revinate, included Jack Appleton of INNSiDE by Melia, Josephine Canchel of the London Marriott Hotel County Hall and Leslie Sarfati of Marriott International. The judges commented that it was great to see a wide range of hotels and groups submitting entries for this award and they were impressed by the pool of talented marketers, early in their career, entering the awards.
The winner of the award, Leslie Sarfati, has taken ownership of a broad range of projects, showing a clear, strategic approach, good use of marketing tools and channels and seen impressive results.
HMA Chair, Petra Clayton said: “The winners of our individual awards this year represent the outstanding marketing talent making an impact in our industry. Both individuals are definitely people to watch and we look forward to celebrating their success at the HMA Awards next year.”
For more information and the full list of winners of the 2020 HMA awards visit: https://hotelmarketingassociation.com/
Notes to Editors:
The Hotel Marketing Association (HMA) is the leading professional body for hotel marketers and advocates for best marketing practice within the hospitality sector. The key focus includes delivering an annual schedule of engaging events and networking with inspiring experts and speakers, as well as helping members access the best programmes for learning, career development and professional qualifications.
- President: Pamela Carvell, Lifestyle Consultant, Pampas.
- Chair: Petra Clayton, Founder & CEO, Custard Communications
- Vice chair: Stephen Moran, Director of Marketing, InterContinental London Park Lane
- Past chair: Julian Ebbutt, Former MD, Best Loved Hotels
- Past chair: Ed Purnell, Director Client Services, Marriott Digital Services Europe
- Claire Bell, Global Digital Manager, Dorchester Collection
- Cassie Delaney-Brown, Marketing Director for the Stafford Collection
- Martin Evans, Managing Director, The Tourism Business
- Sunita Lamba, Group PR and media manager, Edwardian Hotels
- Steve Lowy, CEO, Anglo Educational and The Residence Apartments
- Andrea McKay, Founder Amano Marketing and Coaching Confidential
- Kasia Rudnik, CHDM Director of eCommerce, The Langham London
For media enquiries, contact Georgia Ward at Custard Communications – email@example.com