In 2020, we are celebrating two magnificent landmarks: the 50th anniversary of the Hotel Marketing Association and the 25th occasion of its awards, aimed at recognising best practice in Marketing within the UK hotel industry and the best young talent. All award categories are as relevant to branded chain hotels and groups, as they are to independent hotels. Entrants don’t need to be a member of the HMA, and, thanks to our sponsors, the awards are free to enter. We are happy to receive entries from agencies, so long as they have secured agreement from their client. You can also enter a campaign or activity in as many categories as it is relevant to!
What Makes Great Marketing?
In addition to the criteria specific to each category, entries will be judged on the following:
- Relevance, to your target market and the market in which you operate.
- Creativity, that stands out from your competition.
- A Strategy that has been clearly thought through and developed.
- Objectives that are quantifiable, meaningful and measurable.
- A budget that is used cleverly and generates a good ROI.
- Great use of relevant marketing channels.
- Innovative ideas, used authentically.
Click below on the various award categories to enter:
- Best Wedding Marketing
- Best Meetings & Events Marketing
- Best Partnership Marketing Campaign
- Best Restaurant &/or Bar Marketing
- Best Leisure Marketing (including Spa & Golf Marketing)
- Young Marketer of the Year
- Agency Young Marketer of the Year
How to Enter
Step 1: Read the descriptions above to ascertain which categories you will be entering and pay particular attention to the criteria against which entries will be judged.
Step 2: Download an entry form here (Note: there is a different entry form for the 2 Young Marketer of the Year categories).
Step 3: Complete all sections on the entry form, which include: Marketing Objectives, Target Markets, Summary of Approach Taken, Results, a Statement as to why the entry is a worthy winner and links to all creative materials.
Step 4: Email your entry to email@example.com. We confirm receipt of all entries and check that we can access all relevant supporting materials.
The deadline for entries is Friday 21st February 2020.
You will be advised if your entry has been shortlisted, approximately 2 weeks before the event.
Entrants and their campaigns must be UK-based, but we do welcome entries from conference centres, hotel-based restaurants and spas, hostels, serviced apartments, hotel chains, consortia and individual hotels, as well as their agencies. The Marketing activities must have taken place in 2019.
A full list of winners from the 2019 event can be found here.
Take a look below at the 2019 award ceremony hosted at the iconic St Pancras Renaissance Hotel London: