Entry to the 27th HMA Hotel Marketing Awards is now open, with an entry deadline of 31st January 2022. These awards will recognise & celebrate Marketing Best Practice in the UK hotel industry, as well as the best young marketing talent. We welcome entries from independent hotels, no matter how small, branded chain hotels and groups, no matter how large and you don’t need to be a member of the HMA to enter. An agency may also submit an entry so long as they have secured formal agreement from their client. Entry is free, thanks to the generosity of our sponsors.
The awards ceremony will take place on Monday 28th March 2022. Book your place here.
The 2021/22 Awards categories are:
- Best Partnership Marketing
- Best Website
- Best Food & Beverage Marketing
- Best Meeting & Events Marketing
- Best Leisure or Staycation Marketing
- Best Social Media Campaign (Paid-for or Organic)
- Young Marketer of the Year
- Agency Young Marketer of the Year
The awards embrace Marketing in its broadest sense, so we welcome entries that vary from say an internal campaign, to a brand loyalty programme, from an email campaign for your restaurant to a paid-for social media campaign for staycations, from a print-based activity for your spa to a multi-channel campaign for the chain or from a seasonal special event to a year-long PR campaign. You can enter a campaign or activity in as many categories as it is relevant to and submit as many entries as you wish.
There are specific criteria for each award category, but in addition every entry will be judged on the following:
- Relevance to target market / audience and the specific market in which you operate.
- Creativity that makes you stand out from your competitors.
- A strategy that has been clearly thought through and developed.
- Objectives that are quantifiable, meaningful and measurable. Think SMART.
- A budget that is cleverly used and generates a good ROI.
- Use of the most relevant Marketing channels.
- Innovative ideas.
- Authenticity, not gimmicks!
A full guide to the awards and the submission process is here.